Friday, December 26, 2008

50 Degree Weather in December?

Just last week, it was below zero degree temperature in Chicago. Now it is in the 50s. This is absolutely crazy. It it pretty hard to believe that it is currently 54 degrees outside in Wilmette according to weather.com, in late December. I love winter and snow but if it is 50 degrees outside there will be no snow and instead, there will be rain. Winter is suppose to be cold and snowy. Although we have had a ton of snow lately, I love it when the ground is white because that is what winter is all about in my mind. 
Many people have a different opinion on winter. Some people absolutely hate the snow, but I couldn't imagine Christmas with no snow. 

5 comments:

Abby said...

I agree with you. I much prefer the season of winter to summer, despite the no school part. And when we have 50 degree weather, it's not much of a winter. We get enough of the warm weather throughout the year; do we really need more of it right now?

maddie hilbrant said...

I agree as well. I've been in Florida this year for Christmas and its so different to not have snow for Christmas. Instead of a "white christmas" its more of an "ocean blue christmas." Although this isnt directly related to your post, Claire, I definitely think no snow at Christmas is a big bummer.

Kelly said...

It has been pretty weird how it will snow a lot then it will be warm and raining. I was just really happy that there was snow on Christmas. I have never had a Christmas without snow, even when I didn’t live in Illinois. Imagine what it would be like to live in Arizona where the weather will be like our spring and summer! I don’t think that I would be able to live anywhere very warm all year round, because I love the different elements of the different seasons!

Kimber said...

I for one am not the biggest fan of cold weather. I love snow, but having to deal with the below zero weather is a hastle, especially with cars. Letting your car warm up before driving it, remembering to bring gloves with you because the steering wheel is too cold to home, having your doors freeze, having to get out and scrape the ice off the front, and having the windshield wiper fluid freeze. I am glad that the weather has warmed up a little. It has made my life just a little less difficult.

Julia said...

I loooove the warm weather! Snow and ice and slush is really awful for me, especially when driving. I'm not so worried about if there's snow on christmas, but the drastic changes. Global warming?!?! This is NOT normal! And then after all the warm weather it started snowing again! What's going on?