Sunday, March 8, 2009

Janitor Jobs


So recently as I was browsing through my emails I came across a specific article that caught my eye. Now usually i would consider these to be junk mail but something about this specific article  pulled me in. The other day we were talking about openings of janitor jobs and New Trier. Now if you watch tv, listen to the radio or even just go online you know that we are in a serious economic crisis. The article I came across talked about a Middle School in Ohio that received an overwhelming response to a $15 per hour janitor job over the summer. This school got over 700 applications for the one job. I found this quite interesting because we just talked about this exact job in class. So many people are applying for this job because of the economic crisis and the because of the benefits they will get from this job. They know where they will be each and every day and the pay is great. Now i can only imagine what it would be like to try and find a job in such poor economic times, what do you all think about the recent fall of our economy. do you think more jobs like this will create more competition?

No comments: